Thanks to the experience gained in these years, we are able to offer to our clients optimal solutions regarding cableway design, helping them to achieve their goals all the way from concept to operation. This has allowed us to highly specialize in the ropeway sector, ensuring high quality and efficiency of our work.
For 30 years Studio Giuppani offer full range services, including structural design, construction management, plant construction, the obtaining of marketing authorizations and fire certification, and finally prevention and protection for safety in the workplaces.
We believe that the best engineering solutions come from a multidisciplinary collaboration between different experts. The Building Information Modeling (BIM) gives us the opportunity to reduce design conflicts, detach the possible clash between structure and architecture, producing in this way more efficient and economic designs.
The firm members have successfully completed basic and advanced training courses regarding the software BIM Tekla Structures (provided by Trimble) and the firm was among the winners of the Tekla BIM Awards Italia 2017.
The firm, by means of the engineer Piergiacomo Giuppani, is particularly active in regulatory and supervisory activities, filling the following positions:
- Member of the Technical Committee CEN/TC 242 “Safety requirements for passenger transportation by rope”;
- Technical Representative of A.N.E.F. in the work group established by the Ministry of the Infrastructure and Transport with concerning the construction and the management of cableway installations;
- Member of the Technical Committee 50 Work Group 1 UNI/CT 050/GL 01 riguardante le "Prescrizioni di sicurezza delle installazioni di trasporto a fune";
- Member of the Committee regarding the supervision of the Italian standard D.M. 337/2012
All projects are planned and designed using the very best technology and in compliance with the appropriate directives and standards.
In 2003 Giuppani Engineering introduced a quality management system that complies fully with the international standards ISO 9001 and is certified by Bureau Veritas. The activities involved in the quality control are:
- Structural design, hydroelectric and electric plants design, ropeway design
- Fire prevention
- Construction Management
- Site supervision
- Safety coordination
- Ropeway Technical Management
- Environment analysis
- Structural testing
- Non-destructive testing
- Topographic Survey